Monday, January 19, 2009

Their Dropping Like Flies...

Well we have spent the past 4 days dealing with the Norovirus...WOO HOO!! Lots of fun at the Parisi house!

It started Friday night when I took all the girls crafting at Nana Brett's home (which we had been trying to plan for three weeks) we'd been there for about 45 min. and after saying hello to her kitty's & getting some hot chocolate the girls had just started to get their scrapbook pages going when Miss Megan got "the look". You know that look...the look of complete and total outer darkness that is going to come up from the deep depths of your gut...yeah, that's the look. The look that as soon as you see it you know what's coming next yet there is never enough time to digest the fact that it's coming and you can't react quick enough to ward off cleaning up a huge mess. Yeah that look...

Thank goodness for Nana Brett who was so gracious and even though I felt AWFUL she never once made me feel that way...love you Nana Brett! So in sparing a few of the details we came home & after getting everyone else showered and into bed Megan and I sat up ALL night long while she proceeded to get sick pretty much every hour on the hour until about 5 am when it just magically stopped, of course the rest of the household was starting to rouse by 7:30 am so there was no rest for the weary.

Thus began the next 2 days of cleaning & sanitizing my ENTIRE house! I cleaned like the plague had been here (and I did not want it to come back) but much to my dismay that is not the end of my tale. Mark & the girls arrived home from Church early yesterday due to the fact that Marin was now sick and she too proceeded to get sick almost every hour until about 9 pm (at least she was able to get a decent night's sleep) and just as I woke up this morning listening to my husband leaving for the Fire Dept. thinking that maybe we made it through the worst of it Morgan showed up in front of bed saying "mommy, I don't feel very good" at which time she proceeded to get sick.

Yep...you guessed it every hour...although she hasn't gotten sick for about
2 1/2 hrs. at this point and has been able to keep 2 glasses of Ginger Ale down, so fingers crossed hopefully she's through it, although I won't hold my breath.

So now I'm just waiting for Macy's, Mark's and my turn which should be starting any day/moment now and then I will once again sanitize my house as if the plague has been here and pray that we have expelled enough, fought hard enough, sanitized enough to kick that Noroviruses butt!!! Cause Lord knows it's kicked ours...

No comments: