Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Were We Thinking??

As Parisi's we have a long history of starting projects that are bigger than we orginal perceive them to be, so they usual turn out to take waayyy more time than we anticipated, which is exactly what we did last night (and are still finishing tonight!) I am thoroughly committed to organizing our home/lives by the end of this year & it started with my idea of moving the girls rooms around. Which turned into moving the girls rooms around, moving my "new-to-me" treadmill (THANKS WILLY!!!) into our room, setting up a place for Mark's dad to stay with us for a few weeks while he recouperates and the list continues...

The funny thing is that after 13 yrs of marriage this isn't something we've gotten better at. I'm pretty sure my husband would agree that he is much worse about this than I am although the longer we're married the worse I get. We start out with the best of plans... moving along at a good pace then we both get into the "divide & conquer" mode and we figure that if we start working on different tasks within the orginal plan we'll get done faster ~ NEVER HAPPENS ~ you'd think we'd have figured it out by now. What seems to take the average couple an afternoon...takes us an afternoon, the evening, into the wee hours of the morning & then the next day. So, here I am at 9 pm trying to will myself to stop blogging to finish the tedious act of sorting through my children's clothes, to give to goodwill what we don't need and put away what we're keeping, and with 4 daughters that adds up to a-lot of clothes (all because I wanted to change their rooms around which means closets too). AAggghhh!!!

If there's a lesson to learn in all of this (besides stick to the original task only & start earlier) it's that I love working with my husband! We always have a great time together...we catch-up on conversations, not just the every day "goings on's" but wonderful heart-to-hearts, we laugh & tease, we joke and just have fun. I'm sooo grateful for him even when it's 2 in the morning we're nowhere near finished and we're both looking at each other saying "what were we thinking?'

2 comments:

Suzy J said...

Where are you Christmas? I now know why we haven't talked in 2 days! I love Mark and the "Parisi way". It will feel soooo good when it is done though and will look better than if anyone else were to do it. I was wondering if Mark would come and do my tubs for me again?!?!? I love you and WILL expect to talk to you tomorrow. I will be home all day doing what you did for the last couple of days!

The Stevens said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Looks good. Sorry I didn't make it to lunch today, Dylan was very tired and took an early nap. Next time. See ya. I love the "Twilight Addict".